Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's unbelievable

Well after torturing poor Clare with my testing antics, I did finally take myself off for a bloodtest at lunchtime Friday. She was pretty cranky with me... and in retrospect I understand that.

Anyway we sniped our way through Friday night... still no period... Saturday morning.... then we made the call to the clinic... no answer. "For fuck's sake, answer the 'phone" was my most rational thought.

We were away for the weekend and decided to head into town for a look around. You know how it is when you don't mention something but neither of you can stop thinking about it? That was our next hour... along with the obligatory sniping remark.

Then we called the clinic again.

Val said the results were good. I cried. A lot. Clare talked to her to get the details. All good.

I'm pregnant... we can't believe it...

The next stage is the 6 and 1/2 week scan... we will know then if it's one or two.

Clare says... if it's two she's putting me out on the street.

2 comments:

Estelle said...

Yippee! Looks like you got the toaster after all! Hopefully you don't get a microwave too!

swatschy said...

Delurking to say...

Congratulations, that's awesome!