Monday, May 08, 2006

why is he being this way

is it just a seven year old boy thing or have I been such a crappy parent that I have turned him into a whingeing, whining, complaining monster?

He is driving me slightly crazy - we have had so many 'little talks' about being a good sport at soccer, finding his manners in his day to day life and not complaining about the order of events for the day or the food that is put in front of him at dinner.

I can't tell you how much I hope it is a seven year old thing! He has taken to heading to his bedroom and 'crying' at the top of his voice with statements like "I can't believe she (that would be me) doesn't care about me crying!"

I found myself this morning, driving along in the car with him saying "Thomas, nothing good to say - then don't say it!" (Swell, I am now officially my mother and a person who squashes any bad feelings he has!)

No comments: