Thursday, June 22, 2006

Just be ...

I have been doing a bit of work on myself lately, as in with a counsellor type of work. I often feel a low level of anxiety and sometimes feel a pretty high level of anxiety. During the last year or so I have experienced intense and overwhelming anxiety attacks. So help seemed warranted.Everyone said that anxiety could be managed really easily with the right sort of help.

Yesterday, we were focussing on me 'just being', no long winded explanations for my thinking or doing, no trying to keep the balance, no trying to keep everyone happy, just being. Cause the theory (as I understand it!) is that just who I am is enough.

Goood god, it is hard to just be. Usually i would tell Gaye everything that happened at the session and how I felt about it and ask her opinion. But last night I tried to just be. I am not very good at it!

No comments: