Friday, August 29, 2008

Sabotage and Subterfuge

One of the best things about working at the University is every now and then I get to pretend that I am the person I was when I was a student. Ie: A person with a lot of time. I have just spent the last 40 minutes listening to Obama speak about his hopes for his nation. I thought what he had to say was mostly fine and very American. But mostly I enjoyed the fact that I could stand in the University bar, have some lunch and watch the live CNN cross and um, call it work.

What made it feel all the more like subterfuge was that it is a gloriously sunny day and on these days I try my best to spend my lunch hour walking around campus to get a break away from the computer and stretch my legs a bit. On rainy days I head to one of the museums or art galleries we have on campus. I am trying hard to get a bit fitter (and smaller) by the time I turn 40 at the end of the year. (In fact I have said I will only celebrate my 40th if I am two sizes smaller!). So really it was sabotage as Thomas and I rode to school this morning (and right now Gaye and Al are biking over to pick him) and I have just undone that by eating a hamburger and watching Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Size matters not at all, celebration is important.