Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Over it

Gawd I am completely over Kevin 07 and this relentless talk about petrol prices. I was feeling so positive about Kev in the early months,but I think he has got himself completely tied up in - what Josh (Wes*t Wing I am a BIG fan) would call 'the trivia.' This week he has been sidelined into the henson debate (which is too silly to even talk about to my mind), ongoing drama about petrol prices (ahh hello people didn't we vote for him because he was going to do something about green house gasses and public transport infrastructure surely these two things alone are reason enough to leave petrol prices where they are - take down the GST on healthy food if you want to do something for "working families" - don't get me started on that) and his child care costs (how he spends his allowance for staff really truly does not bother me a bit).

I am disappointed in Kev, I was lulled into a sense of vision by his first few months.
Now we are back to the stuff that just makes all of us annoyed at politicians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more. If you want to help working families then do them a favour and make them re-think how they use petrol. It's going to go up in price no matter which way you look at it, and in the long term we'll all be better off when we learn how to rely on it less. I think they should increase the excise and spend it on a bike subsidy or spend it on public transport.